Sunday, January 15, 2012

Gorgeous Sunset

Hey there, just finished this layout and wanted to share it right away!


A couple weeks ago, we made a quick trip up to Parksville to pick up paper for the layout I'm working on for the Simple Stories Fan Day Blog Hop that is taking place this coming Friday, January 20th! Anyway, while I was in the store up there, Scrapbookin' Adventures, I saw a layout that I liked & it looked so simple to do. Once I got in the truck, I quickly sketched it on the back of a receipt so I wouldn't forget it!


We stopped in Nanaimo & my hubby said we could stop at another scrapbook store & I saw this paper... it's BoBunny's "Forever Fall" collection. It's not a colour I ever really buy, but it was just calling out to me. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but I knew I had to get it.


On the way home, that's when it came to me, use this paper to do the layout I had seen in Parksville. So when I got home I put the layout together, but then what pictures do I use... Well tonight I was looking for some winter pictures & came across these pictures... They were taken this past September when we were camping in Parksville! I took Cassie for a walk as the sun was setting... sure glad I took my camera as well!!






This picture really doesn't do it justice, but this was the only one that wasn't washed out or too dark! As I've said before, I like to take multiple pictures of the same thing - action shots. In these pictures, the setting sun is the only thing that changed! In the large picture you can see the sun just above the hill, yet a couple seconds later, you can no longer see the sun. This picture I cut into small squares across the bottom... a small mosaic pattern!


It's hard to tell, but I also inked all the edges with my gold coloured ink.


Well thanks again for stopping by!


Till next time... Happy Scrapping!! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment