Hi Folks & Welcome!!
There is lots of information to cover in this post but trust me it will be well worth the read, so let's get started!! :-)
Last June / July I was introduced to the company "Simple Stories and fell in love with their line of product. Well at the beginning of January, they announced (on their Facebook page) that they were going to have a Fan Blog Hop! I was lucky enough to be one of the first 7 people to respond! All we needed to do was create a layout using their line of product (which isn't that difficult), and they would get the word out!! Oh and to top it off, they are giving away PRIZES!!! How cool it that! :-)
This is how it works - you have 2 chances to win. The Blog that has the most comments at the end of the day wins a Prize PLUS one of the people that commented on that blog will also win a prize! A second prize will be given to someone who has left a comment on the Simple Stories blog.
Now that you know how it works, let's take a look at my layout! I used their "25 Days of Christmas" collection.
I often find myself not using all those little letters that you find on the sticker page, well as you can see, I finally decided to use them. I wasn't able to say everything that I had wanted to say on the journaling card, so I thought I would make it apart of my "Title"!!
Whenever these guys get together, they don't need Goofy Hats to get them going... no, all I need to do is bring out the camera!!
I tried a couple new things with this layout... all of which can be seen in the photo below:
- I used a product called "Pearl Pen" by Viva. (I used # 401 - Dark Brown) This is a great way to add a bit of dimension to your layout, as you can make the "pearls" what ever size you want! Very cool product that I will be using again soon!
- I finally used a transparency!!! I have talked about using them for some time now & found that the transparencies from Simple Stories are AWESOME!! My main concern about using transparencies has always been... how do I keep them in place without the glue/adhesive showing... Well I no longer have to worry about this when using the transparencies from Simple Stories as they just sticks to the photo - no glue or adhesive needed!! I can turn the page upside down & it doesn't move! :-)
- I have a tendency to use pop dots when adding embellishments or my journaling squares, but for this layout you will notice that I raised the large group photo on the left hand side page...
Thanks again for stopping by & don't forget to Hop on over to the last blog --> Liz Qualman!
Till next time... Happy Hopping.... I mean Scrapping!! :-)
PS - Please don't forget to leave a comment below for your chance to WIN some very cool prizes!! :-)
Just in case you have missed someone's blog, here is the list for you!!
BLOG HOP SCHEDULE:
1. Simple Stories www.simple-stories.com
2. Martha Saenz: welcometomarthaworld.blogspot.com
3. Simple Stories Design Team Member
Kim Holmes http://www.theholmescrew.blogspot.com
4. Amanda Albright: asquared.typepad.com
5. Cindy Pittman: scrapixie.blogspot.com
6. Simple Stories Design Team Member
Emily Pitts http://www.emilypitts.blogspot.com
7. Sara O’Shea: knittingprose.com
8. Simple Stories Design Team Member
Allison Landy http://scrapsrfun.typepad.com
9. Kate Blue: Kateblue.blogspot.com
10. Simple Stories Design Team Member
Wendy Morris http://scrapnspire.blogspot.com
11. Naomi Armenta: http://snipitytweetwhispers.blogspot.com/
12. Michelle Brekke: http://wildnkrazie.blogspot.com/
13. Simple Stories Design Team Member
Liz Qualman http://lizqualman.blogspot.com