Sunday, May 20, 2012

"so much to be thankful for"

I was sitting here today, getting ready to work on a layout that I had started yesterday but just wasn't getting anywhere with. Then I picked up this paper & the following layout came to mind... 


As I don't have any pictures that really go with this l/o, I am just using my set of "dummy" pictures in the different sizes that I eventually plan to use.

I've used paper from two different companies on this layout... Summer's End by Fancy Pants and Good Day Sunshine by We R Memory Keepers.

Running down the right side of the paper I used the matching rub-ons from Fancy Pants... the rub-on says "so much to be thankful for". I then decided to "stitch" around the whole layout... I thought that this helped the rub-on not to stand out as much.... plus your eye naturally follows the "stitching" around the paper to the words. That's my thinking anyway!

I also decided to use pop dots on the top 4x6 picture, so that I could use the tiny little cloths pins that I have had in my stash for ages! They help to pull out the colours on the page, especially since the brass flowers are so bold.

Till next time.... Happy Scrapping!! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment