Friday, January 27, 2012

Wilson



This layout is a very simple one, with lots of "white space"... meaning that not every inch of it has something going on. I usually like to get as much into a layout as possible, but when I went to do this one, I only had the 1 picture of Wilson that was taken this day... so what do I do?

When looking through magazines or checking out different websites/blogs, I see quite a few layouts with only one pic, so this was my first attempt...

I'm going to share a little secret with you.... I like to save money... who doesn't these days! But did you know you could do it & still scrapbook!!??!! Honest!

One of the ways I have found to save $$ when scrapbooking is that when I plan on covering most of the cardstock with patterned paper, I cut out the centre of the page! That's right, the cardstock edge on this layout is only 2 inches wide! There is a big 8 inch square cut out of the back!! This is what I used to mat the picture on this layout as well as the larger pic on the last layout - Is it Bath Time?!! (FYI, I did the same thing on that layout as well!!)

Give it a try some time!! :-) And for those of you that are wondering... Yes, I have done this with double page layouts as well!!! :-) Let me know if you try it & how it worked out for you!!

Thanks once again for stopping by!!

Till next time... Happy Scrapping!! :-)

FYI - I completed this layout in under 2 hours... meaning that I beat my record, for creating a 1 page layout, by an hour!! Oh & the paper I used for this layout is also from the "Happy Together" collection by Fancy Pants!

0 comments:

Post a Comment