Sunday, June 26, 2011

Golden Gate Bridge

One thing you will notice about the way I scrapbook, is that I don't do it in any sort of order... I don't do it by date or even by event... I pick out my paper & see what pictures go with it! This means it takes me longer to complete an album but that's ok with me... Besides, this way I can go back, sometimes years after an even and re-live that day again... such as this one...

Just over 2 years ago, for my 40th birthday, we went on our 3rd cruise. It was a repositioning cruise up the west coast, starting in LA & ending in Vancouver... although we got off in Victoria as there really isn't any point in going over to Vancouver, just to turn around & take a ferry back here!!


One of the ports we stopped at was San Francisco, California! This was one day we made sure to set our alarm as we didn't want to miss seeing the Golden Gate Bridge! This meant getting up around 6:30am but it was worth it! By 7am we were passing under the bridge! What a great start to our very busy day!

FYI - the colour of the bridge is called International Orange & was choosen "because it complements the natural surroundings and enhances the bridge's visibility in fog". Sure Glad there wasn't any fog the day we arrived!

Well till next time... Happy Scrapping!! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment