Sunday, February 19, 2012

whale of a time

Welcome back!!

Todays layout features the "Beach Bum" collection by Fancy Pants!



You will notice a couple of things...

  1. I used some "bling" on this layout!! Normally I use the crystals/gems that I can just put where ever I like - no pattern or shape but these swirls reminded me of waves! So this was the 1st time I tried using ones where the crystals are in a particular shape & let me tell you, I needed patients! But once I got the hang of it, it wasn't that bad. 
  2. I used cardstock as part of my background instead of just patterned paper. Because of the dull light brown/tan background (the colour of sand) & the faded patterned paper, I decided on brightening up the page by using orange cardstock. I was able to get away with using this colour because there are bits of orange through out the design on the patterned paper.
  3. I also traced the letters of my title. I have done this a couple of times, especially when part of the title seems to blend into the rest of the page.
  4. I've also used blue rick rack ribbon, that runs across the bottom of both pages, to simulate the waves of the water!
Hopefully it wasn't just the pictures that made you feel like this was a water themed layout!! What will you do on your next layout to add that ever so subtle message about your page??

Till next time... Happy Scrapping!! :-)



0 comments:

Post a Comment