Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Oliphant Lake




What an interesting day this was!! :-) We asked Mom & Dad if they wanted to go out in the back country on the quads. We headed up to Oliphant Lake, which just happens to be a man-made lake. At the far end of the lake is this cement wall that was designed to create a waterfall! Whenever we go up to the lake, this is where we stop for a rest, maybe grab a snack & take a walk around the point!

What made this trip so "interesting" is that on the way back, the quad in the front in the above picture ended up going over a rock on the road & the tire popped off the rim!! All I can say is good thing we had both quads!! I was able to drive Dad back to the beginning of the trail, while Bruce slowly drove along the trail as Mom walked beside. Then I went back to pick up Mom & took her back to the beginning of the trail, where Dad was waiting. The house isn't far from the trail so they were able to walk home.  I then went back to where Bruce was & slowly drove the rest of the way home together! :-)

I wish I could remember what line of paper this is, but this is one of my older layouts that I thought I would pull out & post! I can't even remember if I used someones sketch for this or not.

Well till next time... Happy Scrapping!! :-)



1 comments:

Sandra @ The Memory Workshop

That would be a layout from The Memory Workshop April 2011 kit, and the paper is "Merry January" from We R Memory Keepers. www.memoryworkshop.ca

Great story :)

Post a Comment