Saturday, April 20, 2013

I'm Back!!

Hello all!

Well school is over for the year! Not sure who is happier to have the next 4 months off... Bruce or Me!! :-)

Although I've been busy with both work & school, I have been able to squeeze in a few small projects, so the next couple of posts will be showing you those!

Even though this cards was the last one I did, I really like the way it turned out... so it's going to be the first one I show you!!


I was inspired by a couple of cards I found on Pintrest!

As you can see, the only paper I used was card stock. I started with a white base, added a black layer - making sure to add the white glittery ribbon before attaching it to the white base! I then added a red layer followed by a white layer.

Using my Cricut, I cut out 5 hearts... 2 black ones were slightly larger than the other 3... I used these as my base for both the "Bride" & "Groom". I then cut out 3 hearts all the same size: 2 white hearts and 1 black one.

One of the smaller white hearts was the Groom's shirt. I then took the same size black heart & made a small cut down the centre of the heart. I slightly turned it out in order to create the lapels of the suit jacket! I then took black ribbon, tied a knot in it and added it as the bow tie! The last thing that I did to the Groom, before attaching the small heart to the larger heart, was to use a black marker & go around it. This was to ensure that none of the shirt was showing through the suit!

The "Bride" was fairly easy to make... just add the smaller white heart to the larger black one. But I found that it was missing something, so in order to make the "Bride" stand out a bit more,  I added a bit of "bling", both with the glitter as well as the gem stones!

In my opinion, these few added touches made the card pop!

Till next time... Happy Scrapping!! :-)



0 comments:

Post a Comment